TO UTILIZE THIS PORTAL PLEASE GO TO:
FIRST TIME USERS, CLICK SIGN UP ON THE UPPER RIGHT CORNER OF THAT PAGE. IF
YOU ARE ALREADY SIGNED UP, CLICK LOGIN.
Staff is available to assist any user who does not have a computer or the ability to do an online permit. Please contact 276-223-3333 to set up an appointment for assistance.
Effective July 1st, 2022, The Town of Wytheville has switched to an online permitting system to help serve the community better and make applying for permits faster and easier.
What is Viewpoint Cloud?
ViewPoint Cloud is the software program that powers the Town of Wytheville online permitting center. It is a part of OpenGov. With this system, you will be able to submit an online application from anywhere, 24/7, monitor the status of the application online, receive notifications via email as your application is reviewed and processed, request inspections, communicate with inspector or staff, and receive documents.
How long is it going to take to apply for a permit?
Only a few minutes. The first application may take a little longer because of registering and activating your account and learning how the software works. But after that it should be a fast and simple process to apply online at your convenience.
How do I sign up to use Viewpoint?
Go to the website: https://wythevilleva.viewpointcloud.com.
1. In the upper right-hand corner, click “Sign up”.
2. Enter your email address and enter what you would like your password to be. Note: passwords must have at least 8 characters and include 1 upper case letter, 1 lower case letter and 1 digit. Log on. Please note: If you do not remember your credentials at any time, click on “Don’t remember your password?” to reset your information.
3. Go back to the upper right-hand corner and click the log on again and select profile. Complete your profile by adding your name, phone number, and address. You will only need to complete your profile once as it will be saved. Please note: You can turn on or off email notifications or reset your password. It is recommended to leave email notifications turned on as you will be notified by email when communicating with the Town.
4. Once you're logged in, follow the steps on each page to complete the application.
The Following Permit Applications are all completely processed online through ViewPoint Cloud:
- Building: New Construction - Commercial or Residential
- Building: Minor Construction / Renovation / and Miscellaneous Activities
- Electrical Permit: Commercial or Residential
- Mechanical/Gas Permit: Commercial or Residential
- Plumbing Permit: Commercial or Residential
- Mechanical Permit: Commercial or Residential
- Commercial Hood/Fire Suppression system permit application
- Automatic Sprinkler System Application
- Building: Tents Exceeding 900sq.ft.
- Accessory Structures
- Swimming Pools and Spas
In the event you are having difficulty with the application or if you just need additional help, we are here to assist you in any way we can.