Link Policy and Disclaimer
The following is the town's policy for providing external links from the Town of Wytheville government website.
1. Links may be made to the following types of external websites, provided the websites have a registered web address (URL) and are appropriate for all ages:
- Non-profit community service organizations that provide information which is relevant to the functions and services provided by the town
- Official federal, state and local government websites
- Homeowners' associations
2. Links may not be made to the following external websites:
- Websites that contain or promote illegal material or activities, such as hate speech or obscene content websites that contain patently false or misleading information
- Sites for religious or political organizations or candidates including political action committees, or sites that advocate positions on issues including but not limited to legislation or ballot questions
- Individual or personal websites
3. Discretion will be used when considering links to sites that contain real time components, such as chat rooms and bulletin boards. These sites may not be appropriately monitored or edited by the host and participation criteria may not be posted on the site. Decisions pertaining to such links will be made by the community relations manager.
4. The Town of Wytheville does not link to commercial websites, with the following exceptions:
- Utility companies serving Town of Wytheville residents
- Local web portals which direct users to community services in Town of Wytheville
5. Organizations may link to the town's website with or without the town's permission. When a request is received, the requesting organization should check the link periodically as information or page structures may change over time.