Posted on 13th Feb 2015 12:50:00 in Parks & Recreation All
Information Package (PDF).
The New River Valley Senior Olympic-Games are being organized by Town of Wytheville Parks and Recreation Department. With participants from Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Floyd, Giles, Pulaski, Montgomery County, Radford, and Wytheville, games are open to all residents 50 years of age or older. Through a multitude of athletic and social events, participants have the opportunity to display their athletic ability, exchange and share common ties and interests with other senior individuals. The emphasis is not so much on competition as it is the fellowship and socialization characteristic of Senior Olympic-Games.
The NRV Senior Olympic-Games prepare persons to participate in the Virginia Senior Games at the state level, giving them the opportunity to qualify for the National Games. The local games are conducted by the rules of the state games, and one can participate in the Virginia Senior Games without participating locally. Registration forms and information for the Virginia Senior State Games can be obtained from the Virginia Recreation & Park Society, 6038 Cold Harbor Road, Mechanicsville, Virginia, 23111, (804-730-9447), or Virginia Amateur Sports, Inc., 711-C 5th Street, NE, Roanoke, VA 24016, (540-343-0987) The Virginia Senior Games will be held May 13-16, 2015.
· To be eligible to enter any event, a participant must be 50 years of age or older, complete a registration form, sign a liability waiver and submit the necessary registration fees. A registration fee of $8.00 will be charged for participation in one event, $11.00 for participation in 2 events and $15.00 for participation in 3 or more events additional fees will be added to select events as noted.
· Senior Olympic Games strongly recommends that each participant consult his or her physician about participating in any physical activity program.
· All registered participants will receive a t-shirt or a hat (see registration form) and a participant packet which will be available beginning April 27 at Wytheville Community Center.
· NO LATE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
· There must be a minimum of 6 participants for each event to make.
Competition level Age category is determined by participant’s age on Dec. 31, 2015. The standard competition level by age categories, for both men and women will be:
50-54 55-59 60-64 65-69 70-74 75-79 80- 84 85-89 90-94 95+
Time of Events All events will start promptly at the scheduled times. Late arrivals will be disqualified.
Awards Awarded to the top three finalists in all events and completion levels.
First: Gold Second: Silver Third: Bronze
For more information Contact:
Wytheville Parks & Recreation:
Crystal Hylton, 276-223-3517, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rick Showalter, 276-223-3515, email@example.com
Todd Wolford, 276-223-3520, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joshua Neal, 276-223-3518, email@example.com
Radford Parks & Recreation:
Audrey Caldwell, 540-731-5517, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jackie Stephens, email@example.com
Christiansburg Parks & Recreation:
Tammy Caldwell: 540-382-2349 firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Peyton: 540-382-2349 email@example.com
Aquatic Center, Christiansburg:
Bill Beecher: 540-381-7665 firstname.lastname@example.org
Blacksburg Parks & Recreation:
Joy Herbert, 540-961-1134, email@example.com
Montgomery County Parks & Recreation:
Kemvia Adams-Bush, 540-382-6975, firstname.lastname@example.org
Floyd Recreation Authority:
Cheryl Whitlock-Allen, 540-745-9363, email@example.com